- Time: Fri, 13 August 2021, 17:00 – 21:00 HKT
- Location: Cafe 8, Maritime Museum, Hong Kong
Ocean Conservation Summit aiming to raise awareness about the deteriorating state of the oceans in hopes to stem collective action.
Youth Ocean Alliance World Oceans Day Summit
Eventbrite - Kamakshi Bhavnani presents Youth Ocean Alliance World Oceans Day Summit - Friday, 13 August 2021 - Find event and ticket information.
World Ocean Day Summit HK - Youth Ocean Alliance
Stop. think. Who are you? Where are you from? And how dependant is your livelihood on the ocean? The answer is that your life is 100% dependant on the state of the oceans. It doesn't matter who you are or where you are from.
From left to right
- Kamakshi Bhavnani, Founder of Youth Ocean Alliance
- Sidhant Gupta, FOUNDER OF CLEARBOT
- Andrea Richey, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF HONG KONG SHARK FOUNDATION
- Dana Winograd, COFOUNDER OF PLASTIC FREE SEAS
- Cesar Jung-Harada, FOUNDER OF MAKERBAY AND SCOUTBOTS
- Gary Stokes, FOUNDER OF OCEANS ASIA
- Doug Woodring, FOUNDER OF OCEAN RECOVERY ALLIANCE
- Joe Cheung, MARINE BIOLOGIST FOR HONG KONG MARITIME MUSEUM
Not in the photo
- Vriko Yu, CEO OF ARCHI-REEF
- Craig Leeson, DIRECTOR OF A PLASTIC OCEANS AND LAST GLACIERS (virtual attendee)
- Shaun Martin, HEAD OF COMMUNITY EDUCATION FOR WWF
- Benita Chick, FOUNDER OF ENCOMPASSHK
- Sonalie Figueiras, FOUNDER OF GREEN QUEEN
About this event
Environmental Conservation calls for collective action. The Youth Ocean Alliance aims to bridge the gap between the young and older generations while highlighting the importance of individual actions. Bimonthly virtual talks have transformed into a forum through which activists, artists, scientists and all sorts of ocean ambassadors come together to discuss and analyze current and upcoming ocean solutions. The start of a global ocean conservation movement begins here.
Bringing together Hong Kong's most committed and determined ocean ambassadors to raise awareness, discuss ocean challenges and means to address them as well as encourage and create opportunities for the public to contribute and adapt their lifestyles in favour of the seas.
We aim to target a global audience of ocean enthusiasts and stem upstream collective action.
For more information check out our website: https://www.youthoceanalliance.com/hong-kong/world-ocean-day-summit-hk