Create a Second Brain: Effectively Managing Individual Knowledge with Notion
Date: 10 Jan 2022 (Mon) Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Venue: Virtual Venue - via Zoom Participants: HKU staff and students only Speakers: Leon Lei,
- Date: 10 Jan 2022 (Mon)Time: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- Venue: Virtual Venue – via Zoom
- Participants: HKU staff and students only
- Leon Lei, Technology-Enriched Learning Initiative
- Cindy Liang, Technology-Enriched Learning Initiative
- Patrick Desloge, Centre for Applied English Studies
- Cesar Jung-Harada, Faculty of Architecture
The use of digital tools has been a growing trend in teaching and learning activities. For example, teachers manage course schedules and content with Moodle, teach synchronously/ asynchronously with Zoom. At the same time, students create assignments via Google and Microsoft applications, submit assignments via Moodle or Turnitin, and communicate with peers and instructors through different social platforms. Have you ever thought about an all-in-one platform that helps to compile most of the work and keep the instructor and students working together in a shared space? Have you thought about a space that enables students to manage their projects, visualise learning progress and collaborate with student peers?
In this webinar, we invite guest speakers from different sections in HKU to share their experiences with Notion, an all-in-one workspace that supports note-taking, collaborative work and project management.
You are invited to join the sharing and discussion with our guest speakers on how they have compiled teaching and learning activities, facilitate students to work collaboratively and manage teamwork with Notion.
Click to view the User Guide to Notion for Education: https://tl.hku.hk/2021/11/user-guide-to-notion-for-education/
If you would like to co-develop a Notion space for teaching and learning purposes, please contact Dr Leon Lei (email@example.com) to book a consultation. Click here to know more about the IDEA scheme offered by TELI: https://tl.hku.hk/2021/07/instructional-design-extension-assistant-idea-scheme/
- Opening (Leon)
- Sharing: Make Learning Visible with Notion Wiki Space (Faculty of Education) (Cindy)
- Sharing: Patrick and Nicholas - 20 mins
- Sharing: Efsa and Cesar - 20 mins
- Q&A - 5 mins
Sustainable Leadership Course
Researching, collaborating, learning together with Notion. Towards the noosphere.
Noosphere translates to the "sphere of reason". The word is derived from the Greek νόος ("mind", "reason") and σφαῖρα ("sphere"), in lexical analogy to "atmosphere" and "biosphere". The noosphere represents the highest stage of biospheric development, its defining factor being the development of humankind's rational activities. Noosphere on Wikipedia (2022/01/10).
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.” Buckminster Fuller
I see Notion as a powerful tool to learn, share, cooperate and build things together.
- Demo: how I build a course page [10 minutes]
- Work with external partners (refugee camp humanitarian workers - with light pdf summary
- Personal Use [10 minutes]
- Public Website (Super.so) | Blog
- Teaching |"Refugee Camp Design" ARCH7277|Talks, Teaching
- References | Although for scientific publishing I’m moving Notion → Zotero + Google docs + Research Gate + Research Rabbit
- CRM (+ Kumu)
- Ph.D. Writing
- Personal data
Even Business running on Notion in Hong Kong!